Christy Belt Grossman founded & facilitates the longest running EA Mastermind (now called Ops Mastermind) in the country. Still in full swing, this Mastermind meets in the Keller Williams Realty McLean Market Center monthly and is open to all real estate operations staff – whether you are an EA, COO, TC, LC, Marketing Manager, Assistant or “jack-of-all-trades”!
“The Master Mind Principle: Two or more people actively engaged in pursuit of a definite purpose, with a positive mental attitude, constitute an unbeatable force.” Napolean Hill
Email Christy if you would like to join the McLean VA Mastermind Group. Click here to find out more about her class “Be A Boss! 10 Secrets of a Mega EA“.
If you’d like to start an EA/Ops Mastermind – here are some of the topics we’ve discussed over the years:
- An idea to get more business for your agent/team
- What are you best business practices?
- Scripts for Admin
- 33 Touch
- A challenge you are facing that you need help with
- The best book you’ve read in the past 30 days
- Something you learned since our last meeting
- Share your successes – What is something you do really well?
- Accountability: How we keep our agents accountable, how we are accountable
- TimeBlocking and the 4-1-1
- From Listing to Contract – Who Does What & How
- From Contract to Close – Who Does What & How
- Top Producer/CRMs
- Goldfish CAN Swim with Sharks (DISC & Effective Communication)
- It Wasn’t Raining When Noah Built the Ark (Annual Planning/Goal Setting)
- Lead Tracking & Follow Up
- Goal Setting and the 1-3-5
- Family Reunion & Mega Camp AHA’s
- Share Your Best Marketing Ideas
- Social Media
- Dreamboarding (journal exercise and hands on vision boards)
- Share Your Ideas to Make Life Easier
- Systems & Strategies for Staying Organized
- Boundaries – what are yours and how do you maintain them?
- How Your team is Set Up/Org Charts/Growth
- MREA/SHIFT/The One Thing
- Web Sites – who are you using? What are you paying? How are you getting results What results are you getting? Are you paying for leads?
- Halftime Show – A reality check on production goals vs actual. Come with two numbers: 2017 Production Goal (either GCI, volume or units) and your actual closed plus pending. Discuss action plans to help ensure our agents/teams we reach our annual goals. In general, contracts need to be ratified by December 1 to close in 2017. So your agent/team should have about 50% of your goal on the books (more if you are typically heavier in first half of year as second). What great things are you doing to get them to their goal?
- Email marketing campaigns, direct mail postcards, etc. Come with samples, vendors, costs & AHAs to share.
- Video: Email me links to videos your team does. We’ll watch them at our meeting. This could be for marketing, pre-listing, explanations of the buyer process, house tours, client testimonials or any other creative ideas. Share your AHAs.
- Pre-Listing Packages
- Operations Manuals
- Closing gifts & pop by ideas
- Your Growth Plan – What is on your Growth Plan this year? What are you doing to grow your leadership, your skills, etc? Come prepared to share ideas for books to read, classes you’re taking, events you are traveling to, coaching/accountability, etc. We’ll compile a list and share with the group.
- Profit share & building your downline
- ROI – How to track and calculate your ROI on marketing
- CTE & tracking
- Potluck or social event once a year – either at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
PS – I grew up reading biographies. There’s so much to learn from people’s lives, people are just fascinating. Ben Franklin was a favorite. Recently, as I was preparing for our monthly Operations Mastermind, I happened upon these questions that Ben Franklin devised for use with his “junto” that met for 38 years. The questions are BRILLIANT. Perfect for a Mastermind group – whether your group is an EA Mastermind, Agent Mastermind or a Mastermind with a variety of business people. Here are the questions:
1. Have you met with anything in the author you last read, remarkable, or suitable to be communicated to the Junto? Particularly in history, morality, poetry, physics, travels, mechanic arts, or other parts of knowledge?
2. What new story have you lately heard agreeable for telling in conversation?
3. Has any citizen in your knowledge failed in his business lately, and what have you heard of the cause?
4. Have you lately heard of any citizen’s thriving well, and by what means?
5. Have you lately heard how any present rich man, here or elsewhere, got his estate?
6. Do you know of any fellow citizen, who has lately done a worthy action, deserving praise and imitation? or who has committed an error proper for us to be warned against and avoid?
7. What unhappy effects of intemperance have you lately observed or heard? of imprudence? of passion? or of any other vice or folly?
8. What happy effects of temperance? of prudence? of moderation? or of any other virtue?
9. Have you or any of your acquaintance been lately sick or wounded? If so, what remedies were used, and what were their effects?
10. Who do you know that are shortly going [on] voyages or journeys, if one should have occasion to send by them?
11. Do you think of anything at present, in which the Junto may be serviceable to mankind? to their country, to their friends, or to themselves?
12. Hath any deserving stranger arrived in town since last meeting, that you heard of? and what have you heard or observed of his character or merits? and whether think you, it lies in the power of the Junto to oblige him, or encourage him as he deserves?
13. Do you know of any deserving young beginner lately set up, whom it lies in the power of the Junto any way to encourage?
14. Have you lately observed any defect in the laws, of which it would be proper to move the legislature an amendment? Or do you know of any beneficial law that is wanting?
15. Have you lately observed any encroachment on the just liberties of the people?
16. Hath anybody attacked your reputation lately? and what can the Junto do towards securing it?
17. Is there any man whose friendship you want, and which the Junto, or any of them, can procure for you?
18. Have you lately heard any member’s character attacked, and how have you defended it?
19. Hath any man injured you, from whom it is in the power of the Junto to procure redress?
20. In what manner can the Junto, or any of them, assist you in any of your honourable designs?
21. Have you any weighty affair in hand, in which you think the advice of the Junto may be of service?
22. What benefits have you lately received from any man not present?
23. Is there any difficulty in matters of opinion, of justice, and injustice, which you would gladly have discussed at this time?
24. Do you see any thing amiss in the present customs or proceedings of the Junto, which might be amended?